Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dead Rising 2 Complete... now Prototype

Dead Rising 2


After days of cutting, machine gunning, and head exploding I have finished Dead Rising 2. There were some interesting plot twists (not unexpected on my part) and a couple rather unfortunate casualties, but all in all the story turns out for the best, as expected. I wont spoil it in case someone that reads hasn't played yet, but the end left me a little... unsatisfied. Over all, on the Brawlking game rating scale I'd probably give it a 4 due to its creative weapons, and massive amounts of blood, guts, and carnage. Now... on to Prototype...


Prototype


This game is not exactly new, in fact it was released over a year ago, but I hadn't played it yet, and the concept - while not completely original - sounded cool to me. A dude with morphing arms that can turn into cool weapons (a la Spawn and the Necro-goo), and an Infested... (Kerrigan?) I mean Infected red head that wants to destroy the universe. Four missions in to the game so far it reminds me of a SciFi version of Assassin's Creed, not really surprising, this type of game has become very popular and many different flavors of this genre have been developed over the last 5 years or so.  Being so early in the game I don't have access to all the cool powers yet, in fact I only have 2 so far, but more on that later. I do like the consume and disguise features, I feel like Hannibal Lechter putting on the skin of another human being, its pretty... creepy, lol. The cut scenes aren't too poorly voice acted, and there haven't been any awkward pauses in the dialog as I've noticed in some other games. So far, so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment